John‘s experience in this sector includes such diverse establishments as Downley Primary School, St Helen‘s School for Girls, Northwood, Wycombe Abbey and Bucks New University, reflecting the fact that our self defence courses are designed for everyone to benefit from.
Depending on the age group being taught, we modify our martial arts based courses accordingly in terms of content but all our courses cover personal safety awareness in daily life as well as focusing on easy to remember and effective physical self-defence techniques. Our courses are ideal for teaching not only young adults at college but also for teaching of child self protection and child personal safety awareness skills.
A vitally important part of every course is the teaching of discipline and responsibility and the legal and moral application of self defence to ensure that the skills learnt are used only in a manner that benefits society.
General Course content includes:
- Personal safety talk & safety in students daily life
- Identification of risk situations and avoidance
(adapted depending on age group being taught)
- Teaching participants practical & highly effective self-defence skills
- Identifying target areas on an attacker‘s body
- Victim mentality
- Build confidence in students own capabilities
To Book Online!
- “Master Instructor John Gilbert is one of the most skilled fighters I have seen in over 30 years of involvement in the martial arts. He is an outstanding coach and mentor and I would whole-heartedlly recommend him as an inspirational leader in the combat arts.”
-Steve Cowley 6th Dan Kyo Shin Taijutsu
- “John has played an integral role moving the martial arts community in High Wycombe forward with the times, and has highlighted through both training and competition the importance of being well rounded in all aspects of martial arts to achieve combative success. A great teacher, friend and inspiration to all of his students and fans”
-Jay Bacchus, Creator of TKMMA